Projects with Neighbor Notification
There are two types of projects categories that require neighbor notification, major projects and minor project with neighbor notification.
Major Projects (2 yr Permit):
- Multiples (Condominiums)
- Additions (over 500sqft)
- Garages with Addition
Minor Projects with Neighbor Notification (1 yr Permit):
- Additions (under 500sqft)
- Front Decks, Upper Level Decks and Extensions
- Auxiliary Structures
- Solar Panels (if tree removal proposed)
- Variance and Miscellaneous Projects
These projects do differ in plan submittal requirements and permit length to complete the project. All of the above projects though require neighbor notification and schedule for a meeting with full committee review with the Architectural Standards Committee. Please be sure to refer to the ASC Meeting Schedule for key submittal dates and meeting dates.
These Minor Projects are used by property owners and their contractors to obtain Architectural Standards Committee approval prior to making minor changes in the exterior appearance of a residence or property.
Minor Projects (1 yr Permit):
- Rear Decks and Lower Level Deck Extensions
- Driveway & Parking Pads
- Siding & Wainscot
- Windows (With size changes)
- Doors (With size changes)
- Hot Tub (New footprint)
- Commercial Sign
- Walkway, Patio, Fire Pits
- Landscaping, Retaining Walls, & Drainage
- Solar Panels
- Custom Built Garbage Enclosures
These Maintenance Projects are used by property owners and their contractors to obtain Architectural Standards Committee approval prior to making minor changes in the exterior appearance of a residence or property.
Maintenance Projects (1 yr Permit):
- Paint/stain changes
- Front door/Garage door paint/stain changes
- Roof/gutter changes
- Exterior lights updates
- Door changes: garage, front/back/side (without reframing)
- Window changes (without reframing)
- Animal Resistant Garbage Can Enclosures (not custom built)
- Hot tubs placed on/under existing structures
- A/C placed on/under existing structures
- Go to permit application and permit payment forms here.